K Counter Instructions
- Posted on: January 25, 2016 - 10:39am
- By: AmyC
Kids can track their kilometers throughout the season to earn kilometer award pins. This is an incentive to get out and ski during our brief winter! Clubs set their own standards for awards (gold, silver and bronze). A sample from the Hyland Club is 100k gold, 50k silver and 25k bronze.
The overall Top 10 skiers from our SkiSparks and Skiwerx K Counters are invited to our MYSL/Skiwerx Banquet in March to recieve special recognition.
Kids can log all of their skiing kilometers (not just MYSL sessions). We close the K Counter after the first full weekend in March.
How to use the online K counter
1. Go to your club web page.
2. Click on the K counter tab
3. Click on where it says “click here to log in”
4. Fill in the info – (first name of skier, last initial of skier and then select your club from the drop down box)
5. Then for each date you ski, please enter a distance and a description of the (such as where you went, and any other info you want to keep – This is the skier’s journal for the season). On your club web page you will see the skier’s first name, last initial and total kilometers skied - this is called the “K counter Leader board”.
6. Log out when finished with your entry.