New Club Snow-how
New MyXC clubs or MyXC programs within clubs are always welcome. Clubs do not have to be in Minnesota either! All Skiwerx clubs, as well as all SkiSparks clubs in Wisconsin and Michigan will also be CXC (Central Cross Country) member clubs!
Criteria to Start a MyXC Club or Program
- Potential for 10 skiers (ages 3-14)
- Sufficient volunteer coaches and a designated Leader
- A chalet/building at your location where kids can warm up
- Non-profit status (often required for permits or local fundraising)
- Insurance (Liability, Secondary Medical, loss of club equipment)
- Administration and tax filing
- On-line registration with instant roster reporting and email list management
- Website (web page for your club, lots of great info)
- Online K Counter and incentive awards (K pins at the club level and overall awards)
- Jessie Diggins Blog
- Leader/Coach Training
- Access to MyXC programs and events
- Access to subsidized branded swag for coach/volunteer appreciation gifts
- Annual Skier Scoop Newsletter and regular SnowNotes email updates
- Lots of helpful advice, encouragment and answers to your questions
- And much more . . .
Two Program Options (SkiSparks or Skiwerx; choose one or both):
- Recreational, 8 week program for ages 3-14.
- Pricing per skier is $30-$45 depending on facility fees in your area.
Clubs typically meet for 1.5 - 2 hours, once per week for eight weeks
MyXC Provides SkiSparks Programs
- Curriculum (daily lesson plans for six skill levels, eight weeks)
- Level Award pins
- Discretionary Funds for club expenses (dedicated fund for your club)
- Famous MyXC fleece hat for first year skiers
- MyXC designed bibs with name tag pocket
- MyXC coach bibs, color-coded by skill level for group management
- Access to SkiSparks Club Equipment Program
SkiSparks Club Equipment Program
To Be Eligible for SkiSparks Club Equpiment Program
- Ski rentals (of sufficient quality and affordability) not available at your location.
- A small rental fee should be charged to raise funds to expand the fleet of skis (generally $35/child).
- Club is responsible for maintainance, storage, distribution and waxing of the equipment.
MyXC provides SkiSparks Club Equipment Programs
- 10 sets of waxless classic skis
- Online collection of rental fees and sizing info per child
- Dedicated fund to expand club fleet in future years
- Great prices (wholesale or better) on equipment purchases for club fleet
- Access to Birkie Foundation MyXC Grants
- Temperature tested equipment labels
- Skills program for ages 9-14.
- Follows USSA Development Guidelines
- Head coach should work towards USSA Level 100 Coach Certification
- Typically meets for 1.5 hour sessions twcie per week December-early March
- Skiwerx clubs can meet year-round for alternative activities
- Skiers must rent or own waxable classic and skating skis
- Base price is $40 per skier, with varied budgeting options available
MyXC Provides Skiwerx Programs
- Personalized Skiwerx race hat (skier name and club logo)
- Access to Skiwerx Equipment Rental Program and wholesale pricing
- MyXC Skiwerx Membership for each club member (which provides eligibility in the CXC Youth Cup)
- Team Scoring in the CXC Youth Cup
Email Amy with questions or to apply.